\

Friday, February 27, 2015

You need to have the eye for custom cabinets, Houston-ites!

I have been hearing all sorts of stories regarding kitchen designs and all. I have some friends or rather sources, who all are confirming the fact that Houston has now become one of the most famous cities for beautiful kitchens.


It is now regarded as one of the most fashionable cities as far as the kitchens of the city houses are concerned. It is also true that if you just consider kitchen appliances, Houston rules the roost. So, if you have a thing for kitchen, or for that matter, kitchen cabinets and appliances, then you can surely come over to Houston and let your eyes and your imagination feast.


However, there is something that you should always keep in mind before you actually embark on renovating your kitchen. You need to have that eye for beauty. That day I was talking to a friend of mine, who told me a whole lot of interesting stories, which somehow made me realise the importance of having an eye for beauty. I met this young couple few days back who just got married and were re-doing their place. We met at a café and had a discussion. Initially they were not opening up to me. But when they did they spoke a lot. They told me about how they first met, where they first met, who proposed first, how did they get married and many such interesting news from their lives. During our conversation they came to know about my profession and was pleasantly surprised. They asked me a lot of questions regarding kitchens and kitchen designs.


They asked me various questions regarding how one can beautify their kitchens and all. I was bombarded with questions and some of those questions were pretty fr me to answer. So I did a simple thing. I started playing a game with them. A simple game, which could easily judge the creativity in them. Moreover, this game could also judge the compatibility between the couple. So, I started by asking their favourite colour. Surprisingly they both said, “red”. I was pretty impressed. I went ahead with my questions. I asked them whether, they like minimalistic or heavy designs. 


They gave different answers. Now, after that I asked them near about twenty odd questions. And all of those questions just proved that, they were too different from each other. And it also revealed that they did not have any artistic air about them. So, like a pure professional, I told them to consult an interior decoration person, who could design the kitchen for them. It is funny that I was the one who bagged the account.


There was a time when there was not enough hullabaloo over custom cabinets. Houston was a place where you would not spot many good looking or stunning kitchens. However, in the recent past there have been some developments, which led me to believe a whole lot of facts regarding custom cabinets. Houston has suddenly opened up to new kitchen designs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment